The Waitlist can be viewed and edited from the Guest Journey Menu. It can also be viewed as a report from the Reports Menu, under the Reservation column. This article explains the Waitlist function from the Guest Journey Menu, under the Reservations column.
The Waitlist shows details of any waitlisted reservations. Waitlist reservations for future dates can also be created from the Waitlist. These do not affect availability until converted into a Reservation.
When a reservation is cancelled, a pop up prompts the user to view the Waitlist to see the details of any reservations wait-listing for the date of the cancelled reservation.
The following information is displayed;
- Booking Reference
- Room Type
- Arrival Date
- Departure Date
- Adults, Children & Infants
- Rate Plan
Waitlist Report Filters
The results displayed can be reduced by using the following filters;
- Arrival Date From defaults to the current date. To change the results displayed, select another date using the drop down calendar.
- Arrival Date To drop down defaults to display 10 days of data, but can also be amended using the drop down calendar.
- Room Type can be selected if the guest is waitlisting for a specific room type.
- There are 3 Priorities; all, High, Medium or Low.
- Rate Plan can be selected if the Guest is wishing to book a specific rate.
- Waitlist Reason can be used to filter the results, if there are a few waitlist reasons available.
The results can be ordered by Name, Rate Plan, Priority, Room Type or Arrival Date
Creating a Waitlist Reservation
Reservations can be waitlisted from the Availability Screen (by selecting a date with no availability), or by selecting 'Create Waitlist Reservation' from the Waitlist. Both options take you to the Rate Search Screen where you select the reservations details as if you were making a reservation.
If there are no rooms available, select the desired room type and rate plan. A pop-up will open advising that you will overbook. It will give you 3 options; No, Yes, or Waitlist.
When you select Waitlist it will take you into a Reservation. It looks like a normal reservation except the Status in the Booking Information (bottom left of Main screen) is fixed as Waitlist.
You will also have the option to change the Waitlist Priority, and have to give a Waitlist Reason. There is a comment box for extra detail.
Once saved, you will receive a reference number.
Converting / Cancelling a Waitlisted Reservation
To Convert a Waitlisted Reservation select 'Convert' from the waitlisted results. This will take you into the reservation with the guests details, allowing you to contact them and update the reservation.
Should the guest not wish to take up their waitlisted reservation, it can be cancelled from the Waitlist Screen by selecting 'Cancel'.