This article will enable you to manage the mapping of your own rooms and rates between Rezynx, Roomlynx and Synxis. At the bottom of each step is a short video that will show you what has been described in that step.
Step 1 - Set the correct charge mode in Guestline Distribution.
Step 2 – Add conversions in Guestline Distribution.
Step 3 – Resync from Rezlynx.
Step 4 – Check Rates Per Day in Guestline Distribution.
Step 5 – Check Restrictions Grid in Guestline Distribution.
Step 6 – Resync from Guestline Distribution.
Step 7 – Check the new rates are updating to SynXis.
***The rate plan and room type must be created at SynXis before mapping in Guestline Distribution***
- Click on Edit next to the rate plan to be mapped
- Select 'Per Room' in the Charge Mode drop-down menu
- Click Save at the bottom of the page
Adding a Room Type
- Select the correct Property from the drop-down menu
- Select SynXis from the Channel drop-down menu
- Select Room from the Conversion Type drop-down menu
- Click Add
- Select the Rezlynx room to be mapped from the PMS Value drop-down list;
- Enter the SynXis room code in the Channel Value
- Click Save
- Repeat points 4 to 7 until all conversions are added
Adding a Rate Plan
- Select Rate from the Conversion Type drop-down menu
- Click Add
- Select the Rezlynx rate plan to be mapped from the PMS Rate drop-down list
- Enter the SynXis rate code in the Channel Value
- Click Save
- Repeat points 2 to 5 until all conversions are added
Note: Room Availability, Restrictions, Rates will only update if the SynXis
room code and SynXis rate code values are correct and matching the
- Ensure that a ‘Default’ conversion is ticked. This will ensure any reservations on un-mapped room/rates can still enter the system.
- Under Roomlynx, change Nights to 365
- Tick Flex Rates. From the drop-down menu select the rate(s) you have mapped.
Note – rate plans will only show in Flex Rates if they are using a Flex Table. This step can be skipped for rate plans using a static Rate Table.
- Tick Restrictions. From the drop-down menu select the rate(s) you have mapped. (replicate for Ceilings if in place)
- Click Confirm
Note: Re-Sync's should only be performed when a new room and/or rate plan is mapped. If the rate plan is not a “Flex Rate” Flex Rate Re-Sync is not required.
- Select the mapped rates and ensure the rates are correct
- Ensure Price Variances are applied in Roomlynx if required
- Select SynXis as the channel and ensure that the new rates are displaying with correct Availability and Restrictions.
- Apply Closure by Rate in Roomlynx if required
- Apply in Threshold Closure Roomlynx if required
- Select today as the start date and the end date as 365 days in the future
- Select SynXis
- Tick Inventory, Rates and Restrictions
- Highlight the rate(s) you have just mapped
- Click Start Resync
Note: Re-Sync's should only be performed when a new room and/or rate plan is mapped.
- Ensure the interface is updating without red or amber lights on Rates & Availability.
Note: check the ‘Last Active’ timestamp to make sure the updates you have just sent have been sent to SynXis. If this timestamp does not show the current time, then the updates are still processing.
- Once the updates have completed, check that Rates, Availability and Restrictions have updated as expected to the SynXis Extranet
- The rooms and rates are now mapped.
- Check the SynXis website for incorrect rates and/or restrictions. Check the first couple of reservations are correct
Note: If rates, availability, and restrictions are showing correctly on SynXis extranet, but not on their website, then please contact your SynXis Support Team for assistance.
If after all checks have been made and you still require assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org