The Rate Rule may be used to apply discounts to an existing Flex Rate or Rate Table to be used within advance purchase – the Rate Rule can use the same Flex Table or Rate Table for the whole year or different Rate Tables can be created reflecting the changing seasonal bands or discounts within the one rate rule.
Existing Rate Rules will appear on the Left > Click on the + to see the rules within the group and click if you wish to edit an existing one.
- Click New Rate Rule.
- Enter the Code, Group & Description.
- Choose the Rate Rule Type
Simple - A Simple Rate Rule will not use Bands (e.g. Seasons), a Simple Rule will use the same rule for the Rate Plans’ Duration and not change how the Rule Works, but it can still use a range of Parameters to affect how the Rate Plans’ are charged. (See Parameters)
Advanced - An Advanced Rate Rule will use Bands (e.g. Seasons) this will allow the Rate Plans to use certain Parameters over certain set dates and also can be affected by Stay Lengths which will affect how the Rate Plans is charged depending on how long or short the guest may stay for. (See Stay Lengths). Using an Advanced Rule will also mean that different Rate Tables can be used for separate Bands if required.
- Press Save.
Parameters can be set to affect how the selected Rate Table value will be affected.
- Do Nothing Else – The Rate Table will not be affected
- Discount Percentage – Values in the table only will be affected by a percentage entered into the box.
- Discount Flat – Values in the table only will be affected by a money value entered into the box.
- Use Mondays Rate – Mondays Rate for all Room Types from the Rate Table will be used for all days of the week
- This applies to all days listed.
- Use Flat Rate (No rate table Req) – The Amount entered into the Value box will be the total used for all room types for any day of the week, therefore no flex or rate table is required and will be ignored if added.
Advanced Rate Rule
- Select Change.
- Select the Start/End date for band 1 and add the rate table created from the drop down box, select any parameters you require or leave as do nothing else.
It should now be decided how many bands the Rate Rule will require for the Rate Plans/Rate Table created.
For example, this Rack Rate has selected the first rate table for January to March.
|The start date for the new band must follow on from Band 1,
the system will not allow overlapping bands, and if a gap was left the rate would not be available in that time frame.
* If you are using a flex rate table, it must be the same rate table for each band, as you can flex the price in the table, and the bands could then be used to apply discounts by day.
Don’t forget to Save!
For example – a Rate Rule can be set with Stay Lengths so that you can give discounts such as ‘3 nights for the price of 2’ offer.
- Select a band and tick the Use Stay Lengths box, the following message will appear.
|Select ‘Edit’ to set up the Stay Lengths for the selected band|
A list of Stay Lengths from 1 to 30 (Days of Stay) will now be displayed in numerical order.
There are three different ways to set up each Stay Length, which can be selected from the drop-down box next to each stay length by selecting the rule required and selecting ‘Edit’.
Simple (No Special Rules)
Use Special Rules
For the 3 for 2 offer the stay lengths can then be set using the special rules and adding the correct Rate Table to each stay length, the example below shows a 3 for 2 rate added and gives the third night at zero value using a complimentary rate table.
|Refer to another Duration; by Selecting this option, it is possible to select the stay length rules from a different stay length number e.g. day 4 to do the same as day 2, therefore selecting Day 2 as the required Stay Length *Please refer to our implications to Roomlynx section|