Products are the elements of your rate that are not accommodation.
*Your accommodation element has been set in the table and this may include the value of the products, or the value could be added to the accommodation value.
This is where set up our products first before we can add them to the ‘Product Rule’
Existing Products will appear on the Left > Click on the + to see the products within the group and click if you wish to edit an existing one.
- Select New Group (if required) and create to file the Product.
- Select New Product.
- Enter the Code, Group & Description.*Please note any coding needs to adhere to a maximum of 12 character, the code won’t recognize spaces, to create a space please select the underscore.
- Notes - Displays notes when hovering over the Product.
- Product Type - Defines where the product can be used, either in reservations for the rate plans and/or as a upsell (bedroom), or C&B (Function).
- Charge Mode – The options are, per room, per person, per adult, per child, per infant and single charge.
- Posting Mode – The method of posting, please see below for the options.
- Value Type - The value type can either vary by day of the week (e.g.: Newspaper prices) or have a fixed price.
- Analysis Code - The code / Revenue area that this product reports to.
- Analysis Code After 29 Days - Used to set another revenue area for this product to charge to after 28 days, usually due to a TAX Rule change.
- Auto Add at Check In – This box is only visible when your product type us a check in upsell, this will then add this product as a default. I.E Charity Donation.
- Use Stock Control - Tick this box if you have a limited number of the Product and would like to control the number of stock items. (e.g.: 6 cots, this would display on your availability screen and within your upsells pages).
- Daily Products Report Column - If you would like the product to show on your Daily Products Report, specify the column.
- Absorb - Please tick if the product is being absorbed into the rate table, please leave unticked if you wish for the product to add on top of the value of the rate table.
- Click Save,
Our posting modes have 4 different options in which you can deal with how the product produces the charge.
The Simple posting mode will allow you to post the product on the day of arrival, all resident days or the day of check out.
|This posting mode will typically be used for every day products such as breakfast.|
The Custom posting mode allows a posting schedule to be set based on the stay.
If you are selling a 4-night rate that allows dinner on the first and third nights then tick boxes 1 and 3.
Rolling Allowance for X Days
Rolling posting mode is for an allowance that can be used on any day of the stay.
Allowance per Stay
Per Stay posting mode is for an allowance that can be used over the entire stay.
Shift Allowances can be set up within Rezlynx to recognise the inclusive element of your rates as example a guest is staying on a dinner, bed and breakfast package
You have 4 shifts available, which are the following:
4) Night Food
Please select the relevant shift for your product
The shift allowance is the amount the Guest can spent, i.e. £25.00 dinner
Unused Shift Allowance Code
Where do you want the revenue to fall if the allowance is unused?
Restricted Analysis Code
What Analysis Codes are restricted during this shift
For Example… Bar Food/ Rest Food etc, this means the guest can either take the allowance in the Restaurant or the Bar/Lounge
If the Analysis code is not in the list the charge will produce on the guest’s bill.
Product Loss Code
Product Loss allows you to track the difference between the posted amount and the price of the Product when the posted amount is GREATER than the Product value but less than the Product allowance.
For Example… Product price is £20.00; the shift allowance for the Product is £30
The internal breakdown shows the £30 dinner charge from EPOS.
£20 offset against the Product value
£10 recorded as Product Loss (reporting to its own analysis code as defined on the Product set up)
If the Product value and the Shift Allowance were set the same amount then no Product Loss would be recorded.
Any amounts above the Shift Allowance value would posted onto the guest bill.
To restrict the use of the Analysis codes for Product Loss and Unused Shift Allowance a new checkbox ‘System Use’ has been included for Analysis code set up.
|If an Analysis code is flagged as ‘System Use’, it will not be available for manual postings in Rezlynx or third party interfaces. It will be available in drop downs for reports and configuration. After the first use of a System Use Analysis code changes to the configuration will not be possible.|
Please note, images and fonts may vary between system versions