The Product Rules Screen is used to create Inclusive Items which will be added to the Rate Plan Header.
The value of Products could be an additional cost to the Accommodation or Room Hire element entered on to the Rate Table or these can be absorbed into the Rate Table.
When calculating a Rate Plan, the value of the Products must be taken into account when entering the room price onto the Flex or Rate Table.
It is advisable to create your meal plans, the standard meal plan is ALL, this will then be assigned to your product rules if you don’t create other plans, i.e. BB, DBB & PACKAGES.
This is visible on the Dashboard and the Meal Plan Report.
Select New Meal Plan Group, enter the Code, & Report Order and Click Save.
- Select New Product Rule.
- Enter the Code, Description & Meal Plans.
- Expose As Upsell – You can expose your Product Rule as an standalone upsell containing more than one product, this can be used for special ‘packaged’ upsells i.e. a Romance Package including champagne.
- Start/End Date – The date range your product is valid for. *Please note if your product rule is expired and is attached to an active rate, the product value will not be posted.
- Description – You can enter a description for your band, i.e. Band 1 = Breakfast 2020, Band 2 = Breakfast 2021.
- Add Products - Select products to be included from drop down and click add. There is no limit on the amount of products but the same product cannot be added twice.
- Custom - Click the custom/default button next to each product line, to amend the value, and charge modes. Also use posting mode to decide how you would like the product to product the charges, see above for available options.
- Shift Number/Allowance - If you have interfacing tills you can select a shift number and allowance that can be posted to the room, this will then be hidden within the guest bill.
- Absorb - Select you if wish to absorb the product into your Rate Table, leaving this unticked will add the value on top. *Please note that Auto Add should always remain ticked regardless, if unticked the product is not posting correctly.
- Click Save.
- Bands can be created by completed by selecting New at the bottom of the Band 1 Rate Rule. By doing this it will also be necessary to amend the Start and End Dates of each Individual Product Rule Band, by selecting Edit under the Band ID number.
- Once all Bands required have been created and the dates amended as required, the Products which require to be added to the Product rule need to be set up as per above.
*Please note where you are using date banded product rules within rates you wish to use online, the rate rule must also be banded for the same dates and ranges, where supplements are used the same applies.