The Restrictions Screen is used to create rules which will govern when Rate Plans can and cannot be sold.
There are two different types of Restrictions that can be created:
- Isolated – This can be used to restrict a single level without effecting other levels and packages within.
- Cascading – This can used to restrict more than one level at a given time. It acts like a waterfall effect , for example if you wanted to restrict all levels except for level one, clicking on level two will restrict all levels from two downwards.
Select the Start/End Dates and select Refresh.
There are four different ways to change the Status of the date/room type to be either O (Open) or C (Closed)
- One by One – Under the day and across from the room type required to Close Out, click on the ‘O’ once and the status will change to ‘C’. This now means that this room type, for this particular day will be Closed Out. Clicking again will shift the status back to O. Once the Status is set as required, repeat the process until all required dates for each room type have been set correctly.
- By Room Type – Click on the Show by Room Type, then click Refresh. By single clicking on the room type on the left hand side of the grid it will set the status for all dates across the grid to be O or C. Once the Status is set as required, repeat the process until all room type have been set correctly.
- By Date – By single clicking on the Date across the top of the grid it will set the status for all dates across the grid to be O or C. Once the Status is set as required, repeat the process until all dates have been set correctly.
- Pattern fill can be used, if for example a rate is to be closed out every Friday and Saturday in a certain date range this method can be used for speed and accuracy.
Click Pattern Fill, Choose the Date Range, tick the days, change the Status, Apply and Save Changes.
It is also possible to control the minimum length of stay, minimum stay through and close to arrivals and departures using the restrictions area of the system by adding a date range and ticking or removing ticks from the boxes as shown
Select ‘Add’ and select your dates and the day of the week you wish to apply your restriction to.
Then add your value and select your Room Types.
Select Apply and Save Changes.
If you have set a long date range and wish to exclude one day you can place an override.
You can copy a restriction set to other Rate Plans.
Please select ‘Copy’ at the bottom of your screen and the following screen will come up.