The Rate Plan screen is used to Create New, Amend Existing or Remove Rate Plans.
Existing Rate Plans will appear on the Left > Click on the + to see the rate plans within the group and click if you wish to edit an existing one.
Before creating any Rate Plans, ‘Main’ and ‘Sub Groups’ must be created, once created these Main and Sub Groups can be used for as many new Rate Plans as necessary.
- Click New Main Group.
- Enter the Code & Description.
- Press Save.
- Click New Sub Group.
- Enter the Code, Group & Description.
- Press Save.
There are two types of Rate Plans that can be created to be used in specific areas
- Bedroom Rate Plans – Bedroom Rate Plans are created for use in the Availability and Planner areas of Rezlynx, for booking Guest Bedrooms.
- Function Rate Plans – Function Rate Plans are created for use in the Standard Conference & Banqueting area of Rezlynx, for booking Function Rooms.
- To create select either, a New Bedroom Rate Plan or New Function Rate Plan.
- Enter the Code & Description
(Description can be pulled into Conformation Letter, used for cancellation policies or rate details)
- Notes – The Notes entered into this box will appear on the Rate Search screen when hovering over a rate plan or they can be pulled onto confirmation letters for cancellation policies or package inclusive notes.
- Select the Group Code, Sub Group Code & the Market Segment Default.
- Rate Plan Available – By adding a tick into the box, this will make the Rate Plan available to sell.
- Start Date/End Date – The date range that the Rate Plan can be sold from and to.
- Lead In Time – The number of days from the date of a guest search the rate plan will be available/appear for i.e. must be booked within the next 30 days, you would enter 30.
- Advance Purchase - The number of days out that the Rate Plan can be sold from, the rate will only be able to the guest/person searching if they look for it that far ahead, i.e. value is 14, they will need to search a date at least 2 weeks in the future.
- Nights Per Room From – The minimum to the maximum nights the rate plan can be sold for.
*Please note that if this is exposed to 3rd party channels to set your nights from 1 to 28.
- Occupants From – The minimum to the maximum number of guests.
- Occ % from - If the minimum occupancy has not been reached the Rate Plan will not be available and the reason will be stated: If the maximum occupancy has been exceeded the Rate Plan will not be available and the reason will be stated, this option can be utilized to ensure the rate is automatically opened/closed depending on the occupancy reached.
- Charge Mode – How the Rate Plan is to be charged, the possible Charge Modes are:
Per Room – The cost from the Rate Rule/Rate Table and possible Product Rule combined as a Nightly single charge per room
- Per Person – Nightly Charge Per Person (Adults + Children)
- Per Adult – Nightly Charge Per Adult only
- Per Child – Nightly Charge Per Child only
- Per Infant – Nightly Charge Per Infant only
- Single Charge – One off Charge per booking regardless of number of guests or nights
- Adult Rate Rule Code – The Rate Rule Code created in the Rate Rules area which is linked to the Rate Table. This will charge the Rate Per Adult or Per Room depending on the Charge Mode of the Rate Plan. The required Rate Rule Code can be selected using the drop down arrow.
The below are only available if Charge Mode Per Person or Per Child is selected:
Child Shared Type – From this drop down list two options can be selected for charging a Child sharing the room with Adults, the two options are: Child Rules will only appear on a per person rate.
- Own Rate Rule – A separate Rate Rule if required can be selected for any children sharing the room which will charge at a different rate to the Adult Rate Rule Code. This Code can be added under Child Shared Rate Rule Code.
- Discount Percentage – By selecting Discount Percentage, the Rate Rule Code selected for Child Sharing will be subject to a discount percentage; this can be added to reduce the total cost per child.
Child Shared Rate Rule Code – If Own Rate Rule for the Child Sharing Type has been selected, the Rate Rule Code created in the Rate Rules area for the cost of the Child sharing the room can be selected. This will charge the Rate Per Child sharing the room Rate Plan. The required Rate Rule Code can be selected using the drop down arrow.
Child Shared Percent – The Percentage can be entered into this box for the discount percentage if the setting has been added to the Child Shared Type box.
Child Own Room Type – From this drop down list two options can be selected for charging a Child staying in their own room.
Own Rate Rule – A separate Rate Rule if required can be selected for any children in their own room. This Code can be added under Child Own Room Rate Rule Code.
Discount Percentage – By selecting Discount Percentage, the Rate Rule Code selected for Child in their own room will be subject to a discount percentage; this can be added to reduce the total cost per child.
Child Own Room Rate Rule Code – The Rate Rule Code created in the Rate Rules area which is linked to the Rate Table. This will charge the Rate Per Child in their own room. The required Rate Rule Code can be selected using the drop down arrow.
Child Own Room Percent – The Percentage can be entered into this box for the discount percentage if the setting has been added to the Child Own Room Type box
- Product Rule – The Product Rule created in the Product Rules Area of the Rate Plans Main Menu, for example to add a breakfast or dinner charge to the booking.
- Supplement – The Supplement Code created in the Supplements Area of the Rate Plans Main Menu, for example to add a surcharge to the Rate Plan for single occupancy.
- Final Adjustment- The Final Adjustment option can be used to increase or decrease (insert ‘-‘ symbol) a rate by a Monetary or Percentage value. The value will be applied to each day.
- Hide Rate on Reg Card – Leaves a blank space where rate is usually printed
- Restriction Level Type – The Rate Plan will default to cascading but can be set here to isolated again dependent on how the Restriction set up is to be used.
- Restriction Level – The Rate Plan will default to Restriction Level 1 and other levels can be selected depending on how the Restriction set up is to be used.
- Ceiling – A Ceiling if set up can be applied to a rate, i.e. you have a ceiling of 5 rooms, all rates that have the ceiling attached will be able to sell 5 rooms per day.
Expose To Section
- PMS – used to sell the Rate Plan at the site only.
- Public and Agent Portal – No longer in use
- Webservice – For interfaces connected to Rezlynx via our Web Service
- Roomlynx – For rates to be used on Own Web Portal (OBM) or to third party Agents via Roomlynx (OTA) and any linked GDS.
- Override Analysis Codes
- Adult, Child, Supplement – Analysis code to be used for this rate, does not need to filled out generally unless posting to a different Analysis code than accommodation i.e. corporate accommodation or cottage accommodation.
- After 28 Days – Used to attached a Long Stay Accommodation Analysis code usually that has a different tax rule attached i.e. 4%.
The Inclusion section of the Rate Plan to be completed is to determine what Days of the Week the Rate Plan can be sold on, if there are any days that it must include, and also which Room Types the Rate Plan can be sold for.
Finally enter the allowed Room Types for the Rate Plan to be sold and you can attach your cleaning schedule if multiple schedules are set up i.e. for suites they have a different level of housekeeping service.
Once all required details have been entered onto the Rate Plan, Select Save.
There is also the option to validate for GDE for web Rate Plans here. The Rate Plan can be edited from this screen then once saved.
*Please note that the following DO NOT filter through to Roomlynx:
- Available On, Permitted Arrival and Must Include please use Restrictions for rates mapped online.
- Lead In Time = Roomlynx Closure by Rate
- Advanced Purchase = Roomlynx Closure by Rate
- Occ % from = Roomlynx Closure by Rate
- Final Adjustment = Roomlynx Price Variances