User Setup allows you to build new groups, new users, unlock accounts and re-set passwords.
This can be found in the User Setup within the Cogs icon and System Menu. This section requires your password to be able to access.
The screen will show both Global Groups and Users as well as Local Groups and Users.
Global allows you to grant access to a number of properties, local access it for that one property only.
The screen is split into two sections, groups and users for both Global and Local level.
Groups allow you to create user rights. You can have as many groups as required. By default, you will see an admin group. This is where the log in details for any interfaces and Guestline supervisor user will sit. You cannot add any user rights to this section. This should only be used for interface users.
- To create a group at Global level, select on the Global Users and Groups and click “New Global Group”
- To create a group at Local level, select on the correct Property and click “New Local Group”
- Both will require a group ID and description.
(The group ID is the code for the group and will appear on the message board and user setup screens. The ID should be a maximum of 12 characters using an underscore for a space)
- Use the access tab to choose the restrictions for the group.
If you amend the user rights of a group with users added to it, they will keep their original user rights until they log off and back in to the system, after this the changes will come into effect.
Once you have configured the group, you can begin to add users to it. Any users added will show in the members section.
- To create a user at Global level, select on the Global Users and Groups and click “New Global User”
- To create a user at Local level, select on the correct Property and click “New Local User”
- Both will require an operator code and description.
(We recommend that for the operator code the surname and first initial is used as you cannot have the same code twice, this can be a maximum of 12 characters using an underscore for a space. The description can either be the full name of the user or their job title. This field can be pulled onto templates to sign them off)
Please note a Global User cannot be changed to a Local User but a Local User can be made into a Global User by clicking Make Global User – a warning will be shown to state that it is a permanent change and cannot be undone.
- The password for the first time can be a simple password as the user will be asked to change it upon first login as stated by the tick box on the right hand side.
- Tick the group or groups to give the access required for that user. Once completed click save and the user can then login to Rezlynx. Global users will see multi properties where local users will only see one property to be given access to.
A Rezlynx password will expire every 89 days, and a warning on the login page will show before your password expires. A password must be at least 10 characters long, using two non-alphas like a Number or a symbol.
If a Rezlynx user forgets there password more than three times, there account will be locked. Guestline support will not reset a password over the phone. They will need to speak to an Administrative user on site, or someone with access to user setup. If there is no-one available, they can email support from a site email address and wait for their account to be unlocked.
To unlock a user account untick the Account is locked out tick box, click on Set password, change the password to a simple one and do not forget to tick the box to enable the user to change their password upon logging in.