Room maintenance can be logged in three various ways:
- Room maintenance option within the Guests journey bell
- Room maintenance option within the reports section
- Room maintenance via the Planner
When logging a maintenance period from the planner you can only log the issue for a single room number. You can add maintenance periods for multiple rooms from the room maintenance option of the system.
To log a maintenance task from the planner, select the date and room you require and click Create Maintenance Period.
To create a maintenance task from the report press Add at the bottom of the screen.
You must complete any mandatory fields marked with a red *
Enter the start and end dates for the task, ensuring that any bookings allocated to the room are unallocated first.
You can assign the task to a user that is created within Rezlynx. This will allocate this task to that person on the maintenance report.
Select the maintenance type from the drop-down list.
Select the status of the task and use the notes section for any additional notes required about the issue.
Select the action.
It is important to select the right option here as they will all have different effects on the system.
- Report only will not show on the planner. The maintenance period will be updated on the maintenance report only.
- Warn user will flag up the comments or notes when you click into that room on the planner or allocate the room. It can also be displayed with a colour on the planner, this is configured in the background. You will also see the warning when checking in a guest.
- Room out of service will display a ROS sign on the diary and count as a ROS on the availability chart. If you have 10 rooms and sell 9, placing the last room out of service your occupancy percentage will be 90% as you could have sold the last room.
- Deduct from stock will display a DFS sign on the diary and count as a DFS on the availability chart. If you have 10 rooms and sell 9, placing the last room as deducted from stock, your occupancy percentage will show 100% as you could have never sold the last room as it has been completely removed from your room stock.
When a maintenance period is completed it should be marked as complete on the Status.
Please note, images and fonts may vary between system versions