Price variance rules are set by channel and adjust the price of a package either by a set amount or percentage, depending on either the occupancy percentage of the hotel or an inventory count, days of the week and lead days. Multiple price variances can be created providing threshold type and lead days do not overlap, this means that Roomlynx can automatically adjust the price of a package according to the rules you set.
The Price Variances page displays all the price variances already created. The existing ‘price variance’ rule can be filtered by channel and threshold type.
- To filter the ‘price variance’ rules by channel, select the relevant channel for the ‘Channel’ drop-down list (all channels are displayed by default)
- To filter the ‘price variance’ rules by threshold type, select the relevant threshold type from the ‘Threshold Type’ drop-down list (all types are displayed by default)
To edit or delete a ‘price variance’ rule, click on the respective action button.
In the example below:
- When the hotel has an occupancy level of between 0-20%, the price of rate ‘RETURN15 is reduced by £15.00
- When the hotel’s occupancy is between 80-100%. the price of rate ‘RETURN15 is increased by £10.00
The ‘Days’ field indicates how many days into the future that the ‘price variance’ rules apply to; in the above example, both ‘price variance’ rules are applied to the next 365 days.
How do I set a price variance rule?
To add a new ‘price variance’ rule, click the ‘Add’ button and the Set Price Variance Rule page will be displayed:
- Select the channel/s you want to apply the rule to by moving them to the right-hand pane.
- Select the rate code from the ‘Rate Plan’ drop-down list, only packages that are shared between all the selected channels will appear for selection.
- Enter a description of the rule; a brief explanation is often useful.
- Select the rate threshold type from the ‘Threshold Type’ drop-down list:
Inventory Count – number of rooms sold
Percentage – occupancy percentage
- Enter the relevant values into the ‘From’ and “To’ fields:
- Using the threshold type ‘Inventory Count’, the ‘From’ and ‘To’ fields represent the number of rooms sold
- Using the threshold type ‘Percentage’, the ‘From’ and ‘To’ fields represent the occupancy percentage to which the rule should be applied
- Enter the amount that the price should be flexed by into the ‘Value’ field. The value can either be a monetary amount or a percentage. In addition, the value can either be positive or negative.
10.00 – this value would increase the price of the rate by £10.00
-10.00 – this value would decrease the price of the rate by £10.00 (minus sign added)
10.00% – this value would increase the price of the rate by 10 percent (% must be ticked)
-10.00% – this value would decrease the price of the rate by 10 percent (minus sign and % must be ticked)
- In the ‘Days’ field, enter the number of days into the future that the rule should be applied to. Day 0 = today, day 1 =tomorrow etc.
- select the days of the week that this rule is to apply too. This feature is useful for example when you already heavily discount your Sunday night prices and do not wish to apply the discount, so simply leave Sunday unticked.
Once all the information has been entered, click the ‘Save’ button and the price variance will be saved.
If your rate plan has flex rates applied within Rezlynx then you must also complete the following should you wish this price variance also to apply to those flex rates, if you do not then simply leave this section out.
Click 'Edit' next to the rate plan
Then tick 'PMS exception prices adjusted by Price Variance:' and click 'Save'