To cancel a bedroom in Rezlynx, you can do this in a few places.
Within the Guest Journey, you can select Reservations, cancel. From here you can then find the reservation using the search bar and this will take you straight through to the cancellation screen.
Alternatively, if you are already in the reservation, you can select options, and cancel.
From here, you will then need to select a Cancellation Code and you can write an optional cancellation note.
If the booking is within your cancellation policy, you may also see a warning triangle, which when pressed, will alert you to the cancellation policy set up within your property, if the reservation is outside of the cancellation policy, then this warning will not appear.
- Should you need to charge for this reservation, you can add this through add/remove deposits, should it be for a credit card taken through a card machine.
- If you have a payment gateway enabled, you may see a token on the booking, which you will be able to view and charge. This will then ask you to add the value to the booking as a deposit.
Now the booking has a deposit, you will need to action this deposit before cancelling the booking.
- Select Deposit from within the cancellation screen, and then this will bring up a pop up screen for you to select, retain or refund.
- To keep the deposit, you can select the payment code and analysis code, you wish to raise the charge for. From here you can then select the percentage or value you wish to retain.
If you are refunding any amount on this screen, be aware that this will not refund the customer the money, this is only telling the system you have already completed the refund.
- Click okay, and the revenue will have been raised and the deposit retained.
To cancel the booking, select Cancel.
This will then bring you through to the cancellation email screen.
You can send an email to your customer to confirm the cancellation, by selecting the Template and then Execute.
Should you wish to bypass this screen, then you can by selecting Continue.