During setup of your DBM, our Internet Booking Engine (IBE) Specialist Team will have configured all the necessary settings to let you and your web developers get up and running with DBM, as quickly and easily as possible and to start enjoying direct bookings via your own website.
If you are upgrading from an existing Internet Booking Engine or migrating from our Guestline Online Booking Manager (OBM), please also read the additional section "Upgrading to DBM from your existing platform".
The Tag vs. Manual Install
- Any standard HTML element can become a "Book Now" button to send a user directly to the DBM
- Additional parameters can be attached to the button, such as room type, rate type, arrival date and offer code. This allows the button to send a contextually appropriate stage in the booking process, such as special offers.
- The Tag can be used to process HTML form data and create a booking search panel.
- Cross-domain Google Analytics tracking is assisted by the TAG.
Note: DBM should not be implemented with an iframe.
Installation - Basic
Most CMS systems allow modification of a footer element or allow the addition of scripts for all templates.
The script tag should be added as close to the end of the <body> section of your website, just before </body> is ideal.
Example code, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for your specific code:
Using the DBM Panel
The DBM Panel once enabled, appears automatically on all website pages that have been provided to our IBE Specialist Team and that contain the DBM JavasSript Tag.
The DBM Panel is fixed to the right side of the webpage.
The DBM Panel automatically adapts to the parameters assigned to the DBM so no manual configuration is required.
See further details here
Adding DBM interactivity to webpage elements
Almost any HTML element can be modified to act as a launcher to open and initiate a booking using the DBM system itself, with the ability to also send parameters such as arrival date, guests, etc. The simplest form of integration is to create a “Book Now” button, which launches the DBM at a simple view targeted to show the criteria selection bar ready to the begin availability search process.
The “Book Now” tag can be added to any block-level DOM element, such as a button, a link, a container (e.g. <div><span>) or even an image.
Code example, adding the tag to a Button:
<button data-guestline-redirect="true">Book Now</button>
When the installation is to cover group functionality, the code can be changed to select a particular property within the group with the button click.
Code example, specifying a particular property in a group , please contact email@example.com for your specific code:
<button data-guestline-redirect="true" data-hotel-id="ROOMLYNX">Book Now</button>
Other parameters can be passed to the DBM from this method:
- arrival: element.getAttribute('data-arrival')
- departure: element.getAttribute('data-departure')
- nights: element.getAttribute('data-nights')
- adults: element.getAttribute('data-adults')
- children: element.getAttribute('data-children')
- promoCode: element.getAttribute('data-promo-code')
- rates: element.getAttribute('data-rates')
- rooms: element.getAttribute('data-rooms')
Example, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for your specific code:
<button data-guestline-redirect="true" data-hotel-id="ROOMLYNX" data-arrival=”2018-10-10” data-nights=”2” data-adults=”2” data-children=”2”>Book Now</button>
Note: The parameters require a minimum set function. Even if your property does not support children, you should still send the parameter (as 0). The minimum would be: arrival, nights, adults, children.