Before you build your rooms you will need to ensure you have the relevant room types created in the PMS. You can build these in System > Configuration > Room Types.
In Advanced C&B you will also need to create Location Types and Layouts first, unless you already have the ones created that you need
There are six tabs on the Room Configuration Page.
- The Name Description is what will be visible on the diary to the user. Choose the type of room you are building, and its location.
- The Allow Sharing tick box allows you to book more than one event into that room at the same time.
- The Show in Diary option will show the room in the diary, when this is not ticked the room will be hidden, you can still access it on the diary by selecting include hidden.
- Function room dimensions are added in meters, they are not mandatory.
- Picture 1 & 2 – Add images of your room to the system, we suggest one wedding layout and one conference layout. These will first need to be uploaded as a 'room' image into System > Media Manager.
- Legal Capacity & Mix & Max Capacity – If this is blank you cannot use your room, ensure these numbers are accurate.
- Add the layouts that are suitable for the room, including the minimum and maximum capacity.
- You can make one of the layouts a default if required, however when you do this please be aware it will be selected when someone makes a booking in that room, and if the booking is for a greater number of delegates you will not be able to proceed.
- Use this area to add in room hire rates that will automatically populate for the user.
- Give the rate an expiry date and choose how it should charge.
- Add in the items that are fixed or always in the rooms. This can also be used as a prompt for upsell items for the room.
- Choose the item, quantity and the analysis code to charge to.
Closed Off Periods
- This is how you put a function room out of service. Select the dates and times you wish to close off the room. It will show as a greyed out area on the diary and the comments will show when you hover over it.
- Shows any images that have already been uploaded to the generic tab.