Gift Voucher sales can be recorded through your Advanced Conference and Banqueting Module, if the VAT must be declared at the point they are taken.
This means that Vouchers must be entered into the system as Deposits.
Configuration set up needed
Prior to the making of the event, we would advise ensuring the following configuration is set up within your Advanced C&B Module:
- Event Type - VOUCHER.
- Function Type - VOUCHER.
- Room - VOUCHER.
- Status Code - VOUCHER.
- Create Function Template - VOUCHER (assigning 1 function holding a 10-minute slot and pre-allocate to the VOUCHER room.)
How to add a voucher payment at the point of sale
Click Search/Create Event.
Click Create an Event Booking.
Enter/Select the following information:
- Enter Profile - Link the Profile of the person purchasing the voucher.
- Enter Start and End Date - The expiry date of the voucher.
- Status – Select VOUCHER.
- Enter Number of Delegates – 0.
- Enter Event Name - i.e. Voucher No: 123456 – Name of Guest – Value £.
- Enter the Event Type – VOUCHER.
- Enter Market Segment and Media Source Code.
- Press Save.
- Apply Function Template - VOUCHER.
- Enter Event Status - VOUCHER.
- Enter Number of Delegates.
To take the payment if the guest is on the phone, select the Billing Tab and use the payment gateway. Enter the amount the voucher is for and take payment from the guest. Ensure the deposit is added to the event.
If the payment is taken via the PDQ machine or cash, select Billing Tab and select Add Deposit, enter the deposit against the pay type it has been paid on.
How to redeem a gift voucher
On the date the voucher is being used the user will need to do the following steps:
- Change the date of the event to the current date.
- Check in the Event.
- If the deposit is for a bedroom, transfer the deposit to the bedroom bill.
- If the deposit is for Food and Beverage/Spa/Other, the user can charge the items to the Event Bill.
- Check Out the Event.