In Rezlynx properties have the ability to ring-fence availability for certain customers, they do this by adding a Room Block, this removes the rooms placed on the Block from general availability and keeps them for the company associated with the Room Block. Hotels can also create a Room Block and select which Roomlynx Channels that Room Block applies to, once saved the Room Block details are sent to Roomlynx where they can be activated. When bookings are received into Roomlynx on a channel that has Room Blocks configured, Roomlynx will send reservation to PMS with a Room Block code included in the reservation message.
You will need to ensure that the Room Block is created within Rezlynx: Create a Room Block in Rezlynx
Create a Room Block in Roomlynx
Any Room Block that has successfully been sent to Roomlynx will be visible on this page.
You can filter the results based on the following criteria Property, Channel and Status (Active/Disabled)
It is on this page that you can mark a Room Block and Active or Inactive by clicking the checkbox on the left – we recommend configuring your Room Block before making it active.
To configure a Room Block you will need to use the Room Blocks by Channel pane at the bottom of the Room Blocks page, here you will need to (1) Set the 'Selling Mode' for the channel (2) Set a 'Priority' for each channel.
- Select your property
- Select the channel you wish to work on
- Click Search
- Put blocks into priority order by dragging them into your desired order
Each time a channel is assigned to an Active Room Block a priority for that Room Block needs to be assigned (Priority 1 being the highest). This priority is to be used when receiving reservations from a channel and deciding which, if any, room block code should be sent with the booking to Rezlynx. Room Blocks with a priority of 1 would be used first. Once all rooms on priority 1 block have been reserved then the next bookings for that date would either use Room Block code with priority 2 or if no other Blocks exist the booking will be sent to PMS without a Room Block Code.
- When a multi-room reservation is received remaining block availability may mean that some rooms will be associated with a room block and some won't or it could be that rooms on the same reservation are associated with different blocks.
- A Room Block has a Start and End date and bookings that span either the start or end cannot be associated with the block. So for example, if a booking has an end date of 31/12/20XX and has rooms remaining for that day and a booking is received that is for 30/12/20XX for 4 nights that block shouldn't be used – if the next priority block has rooms available then that block should be used instead, otherwise, no block to be sent to PMS.
On multi-night reservations, there must be remaining availability on all nights of the block in order for the booking to be associated with the Room Block.
- Select the channels Selling Mode
Block Values Only
When this selling mode is selected the availability sent to the selected channels will be the Block Values only. Bear in mind that a channel could have multiple Room Blocks set against them and this means that multiple daily block values will need to be added together to calculate the correct availability for that channel. The total availability sent to the channel can be seen on the Rooms Per Day screen.
Block Values + Free Sale
When this selling mode is selected the availability of the channel will be calculated by taking the total of the daily block values and adding that to the Free Sale availability sent by PMS. The total availability sent to the channel can be seen on the Rooms Per Day screen.
Repeat for all applicable channels
In order to view the details of a Room Block click the 'View' link at the end of a row.
You will see a screen similar to the one below, here you can view the number of rooms remaining on the block for any date.