Within CRS depending on how many rooms or segments have been booked will depend on where you need to cancel.
- Individual Reservation - Rooming List tab - Cancel Room
- Segment Reservation - Bottom Right - Cancel Segment
- Whole CRS Reservation - Bottom Right - Cancel Reservation
From here, you will then need to select a Cancellation Code and you can write an optional cancellation note.
If the booking is within your cancellation policy, you may also see a warning triangle, which when pressed, will alert you to the cancellation policy set up within your property, if the reservation is outside of the cancellation policy, then this warning will not appear.
If the booking already has a deposit, then you will need to action this deposit before cancelling the booking.
- Select Deposit from within the cancellation screen, and then this will bring up a pop up screen for you to select, retain or refund.
- To keep the deposit, you can select the payment code and analysis code, you wish to raise the charge for. From here you can then select the percentage or value you wish to retain.
If you are refunding any amount on this screen, be aware that this will not refund the customer the money, this is only telling the system you have already completed the refund. You still need to process the refund.
- Click okay, and the revenue will have been raised and the deposit retained.
To cancel the booking, select Cancel.
This will then bring you through to the cancellation email screen.
You can send an email to your customer to confirm the cancellation, by selecting the Template and then Execute.
Should you wish to bypass this screen, then you can by selecting Continue.
You can resend the cancellation email by using the Cancel Confirmation Tab at the top of the CRS Reservation.