To create a new PLU item for Food please follow the steps below:
- Click the button labelled PLU Items
- To the right of the screen you will see various setup options
- Charge Code - Select the charge code that the item you are creating will be using (NOTE: Make sure that the correct charge code is selected as this can affect Pick List printing, revenue recording and Shift Allowance absorption in Rezlynx)
- Click Add
- Once you have selected Add a new window will launch to complete the PLU setup. As a minimum you will need to complete the following sections:
- Receipt Description
- Selling Price
- Tax Rule
- Once complete click Save
- Confirm the pop up for PLU creation and your new PLU item is ready
Screen Description - If left blank the receipt description will be used
Look Up Code - If you add a numerical code this will allow you to use the PLU search function on the the EPOS Terminals. Useful for wine Bin numbers
Unit Cost - This will show you the Gross Profit % you will acheive if you were to sell it at 100% of the price. This information passes back though to the reports and is recalculated depending on discounts.
PLU Information - You can enter any information you wish in this section. For example a list of Allergens. This can be viewed using the PLU Information button on the main EPOS screen.
Prompt for Price Override - This can be used if you have a PLU price that changes daily - for example 'Market Fish of the day'. When this PLU is selected on the main screen the user would be prompted to enter a price for this item.
Package - If this PLU item is made up of other PLU's, for example a cocktail, then you can create it as a package which will then show as individual sold items of stock. It will also suggest selling prices and achievable Gross Profit %
Block Price Override - By selecting this option it will block all users' ability to override the price of the items within the main EPOS screens.