Modifiers allow you to choose specific items related to the original PLU item that has been selected.
- Food - Steak - Cooking Preferences
- Food - Burger - Side Options
All modifiers in EPOS are PLU Items. There is a fixed charge code in the system named 'Modifier', this is for creating information only modifier PLUs such as 'Well Done,' 'Rare,' 'Hot,' 'Cold' etc. You can also add PLUs from all charge codes.
It is important to start by making sure all of the PLU's you wish to use in the Modifier Menu are created. If they are information only PLUs then they should be created in the 'Modifier' charge code, otherwise build them in their relevant charge code.
Example: Steak Cooking (information only)
- Click the button labelled PLU items
- Select the Charge Code of Modifier and Click Add
- Once you have selected Add a new window will launch to complete the PLU setup. You will need to complete the following sections:
- Receipt Description - e.g RARE
- Price - £0.00
- Tax Rule
- Click Save
- Repeat for each option e.g Medium Rare, Well Done - Saving each time
- Once completed click Close
- Once all of your PLUs have been created you will need to click the Modifier Sub Menus button
- Type in the name of your modifier sub menu e.g Steak Cooking Preference in the Modifier Sub Menu box and a modifier message in the Modifier Message box
- You can configure whether to Allow Hold, Force Pick, and/or Suppress PLU Menu by placing a tick in the box (please see below for what these options do)
- Click Add
- Your new modifier sub menu will be displayed in the main screen with all other modifier sub menus
You now need to add the options to the Modifier Sub Menu.
- Double click the modifier sub menu that you have just created. This will take you through to the Attach Modifiers screen
- Select the charge code that contains the PLU(s) you wish to add from the Charge Code drop down list in the top right of the screen. If this is a drink charge code you can also filter by Category and/or Brand
- In the bottom section of the screen you will have the list of PLUs, use the tick box to select all the ones you need and then click Add to move them to the Attached Modifiers at the top of the screen. To remove any PLUs from here use the tick box to select them and click Remove.
- You can repeat steps 2 and 3 if you wish to add PLUs from multiple charge codes.
- If you wish for these PLUs to have a different selling price when they are sold as part of this modifier menu you can configure this by entering it in the Modifier Price column. For example if this modifier menu is for a promotion. This does not alter the normal PLU Price. If you make any changes to the Modifier Price column you must click on Save Price.
- When you have added and configured all of the PLUs click Close.
- If you need to create multiple modifier sub menus as tiered options you can create them now. For example Steak Cooking Preference - Steak Sauce upsell - Potato Choice etc.
- When you have finished configuring the modifier sub menu(s) click Close.
You now need to create the Modifier Menu to attach the Modifier Sub Menu(s) to
- Click the button named Modifier Menus
- Type the name of the modifier menu (e.g. Steak Cooking) in the Modifier Menu box and click Add.
- Once created in the list of the left, select it and click the 'Configure Modifier Menu' at the top right of the screen
- You now need to attach the modifier sub menu(s) to the modifier menu. Use the Modifier Sub Menu drop down list on the right hand side, select the modifier sub menu and click Add. If adding multiple modifier sub menus you can repeat this step. For Example Steak - Modifier 1 - Steak Cooking, Modifier 2 - Sauce Modifier 3 - Sides. The modifier sub menus will open on the till screen in the order that you add them.
- Once you have added all modifier sub menus click Close.
- Click Close again
Finally, you will need to activate which PLU Item this Modifier Menu is to be used for
- Click the button labelled PLU items
- Select the Charge Code of the PLU which you wish to add the modifier menu to
- From the list of PLUs double click on the PLU
- From the Modifier Menu drop down list select your newly created modifier menu
- Save and then click Close and the PLU with modifier is ready to use.