Enabling stock countdown:
The stock countdown option is a system button that will be viewable when logging into the EPOS till software. Should this button not be available/ shown, you can add it by doing the following:
- Sign into back office using your pin code
- Access ‘PLU Setup’ > ‘Menu Config’ > ‘Menu Tab Templates’ > ‘Edit System Buttons’.
- Within this section you can view your current options on the right hand of the navigation panel. If you have stock countdown enabled it will be named ‘Stock Countdown’ or a similar name.
- Add ‘Stock Countdown’ from the top left hand corner and selecting ‘System Tab’ and dragging the option to the right hand corner of the screen (where desired on layout). And Click save once happy with the layout of the system buttons.
Please note you will need to restart any till units software in order for any changes to be picked up.
Using stock countdown
To ensure that items aren’t oversold you may wish to use the stock countdown option within EPOS. This is done entirely front end on the till software as opposed to back office.
To do this:
- Sign into EPOS Till using your staff pin
- Select ‘Stock Countdown’ on the right hand panel of EPOS (you will be required to enter your pin to authorise you have access to do this). Should you not have permission you will be required by your local admin user to grant you permissions to do so.
- Select an item that you wish to enter a stock level. The number you assign will show as a numeric value against the PLU item once assigned, giving you the amount of stock available.
- Once change has been made select ‘Stock Countdown’ to mark as finished.
When selecting an item, you will also have the additional options available to select:
Close of stock: This option confirms that this item is no longer available, and when selecting the item you will receive a message stating ‘Insufficient stock’, meaning you cannot sell the item. To remove this you will need to enter ‘Stock Countdown’ mode again and ‘remove count’.
Remove Count: This removes any existing closed out of stock items that are unsellable and can also be used to remove any added stock countdown’s, should the item no longer need to be assigned.
Stock Location: Used to report on the stock location of items sold.