This article will show you how to check for any open Periods / unposted revenue from your EPOS till units. The article will outline how to check for an ‘X Read’ and ‘Z Read’ and how they can used to post to the Rezlynx PMS system.
The X Read on the till is designed to show you the current figures on the existing period on the till (a snapshot).This will give you an indication of the date/time the period was opened and if you require to post the figures onto Rezlynx.
The Z Read on the till is the process of posting revenue from the till to Rezlynx, and the closing of the period.
Please note you will need to perform the same process on each till to ensure each device has sent its postings to Rezlynx / Close each period on all tills.
To check if there’s an open period:
- Login to EPOS with your pin code
- Select ‘X read’ on the till, you will be prompted to enter your pin code again to verify you have security access to perform the X read.
(This will then show the period start and period end, which will include the timestamps of the period).
To close an open period:
- To close an existing period (once confirmed with X read), login to EPOS with your pin code.
- Navigate to ‘Z read’ option and enter your staff pin code to verify you have security access to close the period.
- You will be prompted to confirm to ‘Are you sure you want to close this period‘, select ‘yes’ and this will close the existing open period.