By default, the new Overbooking feature is disabled.
To activate the new feature navigate to;
‘System>System>ini Settings – Reservations’
Scroll down to the Overbooking panel
Check the box labelled ‘Overbooking’
Upon doing this the panel will change to hide the old Overbooking settings and show the new Overbooking settings.
To complete the remainder of the configuration, decide whether, by default, Overbooking Values should be included on the Availability and Rate Plan search pages. This setting can be altered later. It only affects the default value for the filter on those pages for all users.
Lastly, decide whether you wish to place a limit on the total number of rooms a user is permitted to enter in the overbooking grid. You may leave these blank if you wish.
Note that a limit of zero will mean that it will not be possible to input Overbooking values for that Room Type.
Once happy with the configuration, press ‘Update’.
Please note that any other users logged in at the time this process took place will need to log out and then back in before they are able to utilise the new Overbooking feature.
It’s also worth noting that the Max Overbooking limits can also be applied with Room Type configuration pages.
‘System>Codes & Rules>Room Types’
For CRS enabled sites where Room Types are being configured in CRS, the ‘Max Overbooking value’ is configured within ‘CRS Module>Configuration>Room Types’, however it is accessed via a new ‘Overbooking Limits’ button.
It’s worth noting that altering the Overbooking Limit value AFTER values have already been entered the Overbooking Grid will automatically update those values to ensure none of them exceed the newly entered limits.
Once the feature is active users are then able to set the required overbooking values within the system.
This is achieved by navigating to…
‘System>Codes & Rules>Overbooking’
Note this can also be achieved within ‘CRS Module>Configuration>Overbooking’ for those groups with CRS activated. This will allow users to edit overbooking values for any site within the group, where Overbooking has been activated.
The page will load the following…
- Month Selector – The user can select any month from the current month up to 3 years into the future
- Pattern Fill Button- This is a feature that allows users to update values for 6 months at a time. Further detail of this is included within this document
- Overbooking Values Grid – This Grid will display for the selected month
- All historical days in the current month will be read-only/disabled
- All active Bedroom Room Types will display
- There is also a Total row which will display the Sum of all entered Overbooking values
- A ‘Total House Overbooking’ value
Nb. For sites with the BW Overbooking this feature is NOT available, shown Read-only and is automatically a SUM of the Room Type Overbooking values
- If a given Room Type has a Limit of 0 (zero) then it is not possible to apply any Overbooking values to the grid
For each Room Type and Day in the grid a cell will show;
- Remaining Room Type Availability (Read Only)
- Sum of Remaining Room Type Availability + Overbooking Value (Read Only)
- Overbooking Value (Editable)
- Save Button – used to commit changes
When entering values into the Overbooking Value cells, the cell will display in yellow to indicate an unsaved change.
Once the change has been saved the cell will no longer be highlighted in yellow.
When entering values into the Overbooking Value cells, if the user enters a value greater than the configured limit (ini Settings) then the cell will display in Red and the save button will be disabled.
This would need to be rectified before the user can continue.
This feature can be used to update any 6 month period by Day of Week (DOW) pattern (up to 3 years ahead).
Navigate to ‘System>Codes & Rules>Overbooking’
Select the Pattern Fill button
The following page will load
This page will enforce the same limits applied to the Overbooking grid, as previously mentioned.
The following features are included;
- ‘Start’ Date – User can select any date to apply the values from
- ‘End’ Date – User can select any date to apply the values to. Providing the entire date range is no greater than 6 months
- ‘Set all room types and days’ – Entering a value here will populate the grid for all days and room types
- ‘Set All’ – This option is included for each Day column and each Room Type
- ‘Abort’ – Closes the pop-up without applying any changes
- Save’ – Closes the pop-up and commits all changes to the system
Nb. For sites with the BW Overbooking the House Overbooking row is NOT available