You may wish to remove PLU items from the till screen but not wish to remove them from the system completely.
The reason for doing this is to keep historical reporting on sold items accurate, and this also enables the option to re-add the item for future use if required.
To do this:
- Sign into back office using your pin code
- Access ‘PLU Setup’ > ‘Menu Config’. This will then display all the menu tabs listed on the left hand side of the screen. You will need to select the menu tab you wish amend (by double clicking it), which will then allow you to remove the PLU items from.
- Once in the desired tab you will be able to see the PLU items on the screen, you can right click items and remove. From this same screen, you can also add PLU items from the top left hand corner of the navigation page, under: Template > PLU’s.
- Always ensure you click ‘Save’ on the bottom right-hand corner when making any changes to menu tabs, otherwise these will not pick up on the till devices.
- Restart the till device in order to pick up the changes you have made.
Note: If you are unsure which tills have which menu tabs you can use ‘Menu Tab Templates’. This can be found by Navigating to: ‘PLU Setup’ > ‘Menu Config’ > ‘Menu Tab Templates’. Within this section you can assign different layouts for tills and check which tills are assigned to which.