This article will run through the required steps to move an EPOS unit from one location within your property to another (within the same property and network setup).
It's important to note that in order for a till to function properly, the location it is moving to has a tested and working network point, as well as adequate space and power sockets.
Tills that are relocated to another area will still report revenue as they were originally setup to their revenue centre. This will need to be considered when reporting revenue on the till and in Rezlynx.
- Safely power down the device by selecting the option ‘Shut down terminal’, or by using the power button on the till screen.
- Ensure that any power adapters or power outlets are safely powered off before attempting to move or unplug any devices.
- If you are unable to move the till from one location to another without leaving the attached peripherals, then please note which port the Printer, Cash drawer, and PDQ machine plugs into on the device.
- Move the Till device to its desired location, and ensure that any devices attached originally were also moved to the new location. i.e. printer, cash drawer, PDQ machine. Its important that the original devices used are the same area when relocated, as any changes to the configuration might cause the device to not function.
- Once you have relocated the device and plugged in the peripherals, some testing will be required in order to make sure the device functions. Please refer to article: ‘Checking all tills are working – Preoperational checks’.
If you require any print job changes due to the relocation, please refer to the back office print jobs section to change the configuration if required.
If you require that the terminal needs a name change then this will be needed to be passed onto our professional services team via the Guestline helpdesk.