Here is a simple guide to setup your PED terminals if you have ordered them as part of your GuestPay package.
Before you start please ensure you have the manager/admin password to hand. This would have been provided on the 'Confirmation of Go-Live' email from the GuestPay onboarding team.
THE PORTABLE TERMINAL - OVERVIEW
- The Portable terminal is designed as two pieces of hardware, handset and base unit.
- The Handset unit features a contactless reader, WiFi, GRPS modem. There are additional power connection and USB ports on the handset unit to allow the handset unit to be operated alone.
- Wired connections like power, modem, ethernet, USB or serial are located on the base unit.
THE PORTABLE TERMINAL - SETTING AND CHANGING THE PRINTER ROLL
THE PORTABLE TERMINAL - CONNECTING TO YOUR WI-FI
When you first receive your PED Terminal it is recommended that you complete a software to ensure your terminal is ready for operation.
THE PORTABLE TERMINAL - LOCATING YOUR TERMINAL ID (TID) AND SERIAL NUMBER (SN)
- Select the System button
- Select the Version button
- The Version Info screen will provide you TID and SN and any other system information that you may need.
Your Terminals are now ready to use. You can find further Operational advice in this section of the Support Portal: GuestPay PEDs – Guestline Support Portal