You can already apply a discount in EPOS. This was a manual process of choosing sections to discount, the discount reasons and the percentage or specific value. This is remaining the same in the EPOS system.
We have introduced a button to apply the discount with a fixed rule set up in EPOS back office. This has security level assigned to the rule which dictates which user groups can use or authorise its use.
- As this is a pre-programmed rule it will mitigate the risks of manual mistakes being made.
- It will introduce consistency in its use.
- It will allow User Groups, who may have not had access to apply a discount, to apply discounts of these fixed rules. This will help the senior members of team as they will not need to be available at all points of the shift to apply discounts.
- It will make it easier for customers to create and run a discount promotion.
How it works
Using a Discount Rule button on the screen
To use the discount button on the EPOS terminal you must create your order before selecting the discount you wish to apply.
If you make changes to your order, I.E. add more items, after you have applied the discount you will need to press the button to apply it again. Doing this will remove the existing discount and reapply it to the bill. We will not discount the same item twice.
- Login to EPOS
- Create your order
- Find the discount button you wish to use a press it. You will see that the discount has been applied to the EPOS bill. If the order is altered (new items added) and the discount is to apply to them, please press the discount button again. It will remove the current discount and reapply it.
Discount button placement
If you are to apply discounts to a table bill, then you will need to add the discount buttons to the payment screen. If the discounts are only available on a bar transaction (not assigned to a table) then you can place the button on a Menu Tab if you wish.
Activation & Configuration
There is nothing that needs to be activated. All customers will be able to use this feature when they are on the latest version of Guestline EPOS (v 4.5).
Set up of Discount Rules
Firstly, you need to create your discount rules in the EPOS Back Office. Please follow the instructions below:
1. Login to EPOS Back Office > navigate to POS Set up > open Discount Rules
2. - Type in the Discount Name (this will be what is displayed on the button and in the reports).
- Enter the discount value
- Choose if the value is Percentage or Value. Ticking the box defines it as a Percentage
3. Select the Charge Codes (or PLUs) you want the discount rule to affect.
4. Choose the User Groups you want to be able to apply the discount. If a user is part of a group that cannot apply a discount, they can still press the button on screen but the use of it will need authorisation.
Adding a Discount Rules button to the screen
You can add the discount buttons to a standard PLU tab or to the payment screen. As such we have now moved the Payment Screen matrix configuration screen to Menu Config section of POS Back Office.
1. Login to EPOS Back
2. Navigate to PLU Setup > Menu Config. If you are adding the button to the Payment Screen, then click Payment Screen Config.
3. In the tree view where you will find the PLUs you will see a new folder called Discounts. The button items are available to add to the screen. Drag, drop & resize them on the screen and Save.
The discount buttons are now available to use on the EPOS terminals.