Master Accounts are an additional type of account that allows bills and folios to be created without having to create a room reservation. A master account, on the Main tab, can hold information regarding the Media Source and Market Segment. They can have a credit limit applied and have a balance amount and balance due by date associated to them. The master account allows charges to be routed to it rather than one of the rooms in a Multi-Room. Once a master account has been created charge routing will need to be set up on the reservations.
How to add a Master account to multi-room
- Click on the ‘Add Master’ below the Room List and you will be taken to a new screen to create the Master Account
- The Master account will open on the ‘Main’ page, enter the following information;
Description - A free type description used to identify the master in the NRA & Masters section of the Billing menu.
Name - This is used to free type or link a person profile.
Market Segment - The same as the multi-room reservation.
Media Source - The same as the multi-room reservation.
Interface Posting Mode - This has options of ‘All Allowed’, ‘None Allowed’ and ‘Phone Only’ and works in the same way as on a reservation.
Balances & Deposits
Setting the Master ‘Guarantee’ tab
- Set your Guarantee Type, comments, Ledger and payment details as you would in an individual reservation.
- Click save in the bottom right hand corner.
- For charges to go to the Master Account charge routing must be set up.
- You will see the Master Account appear in the Room List marked as [MSTR].