The Master Accounts are an additional type of account that allow bills and folios to be created without having to create a room reservation. A master account, on the Main tab, can hold information regarding the Media Source and Market Segment. They can have a credit limit applied and have a balance amount and balance due by date associated to them. The master account allows charges to be routed to it rather than one of the rooms in a Multi-Room.
How to add a Master account onto a group
- Click on `Options’ (bottom right hand side of the screen) ‘Add Master’ tab and you will be taken to a new screen to create the Master Account
- The Master account will open on the ‘Main’ page, enter the following information;
Description - A free type description used to identify the master in the NRA & Masters section of the Billing menu.
Name - This is used to free type or link a person profile
Market Segment - The same as the multiroom reservation
Media Source - The same as the multiroom reservation
Interface Posting Mode - This has options of ‘All Allowed’, ‘None Allowed’ and ‘Phone Only’ and works in the same way as on a reservation
Balances & Deposits
Setting the Master ‘Guarantee’ tab
- Set your Guarantee Type, comments, Ledger and payment details as you would in an individual reservation.
- Click save in the bottom right hand corner.
- For charges to go to the Master Account charge routing must be set up
- You will see the Master Account appear in the Pick List marked with the Booking Reference only.
How to cancel a Master account on a group
- Click on `Options’ (bottom right-hand side of the screen)
- Pick List - The Master account will have the Booking Reference only.
- Click on the Reference
- Options > Cancel
- Choose the Cancellation Code > Cancel Reservation(s)
- if there is a deposit please action accordingly
- if charge routing has been set up this will fail as the Master will no longer exist