Building on our ongoing work with our new Conversions solution (further details can be found here) we will be including Expedia as of October 2021.
- Improved connectivity to Expedia Room and Rates
- Reduced Warnings and Errors, resulting in fewer discrepancies
- Allows faster and more accurate configuration
- Giving continuous user feedback, with notifications and prompts.
- Clearer overview of the Conversion Grid
Who can have it?
Expedia conversions is available to all customers with a direct connection to Expedia.
Users wishing to access new Conversions within Rezlynx PMS, will require an a SSO (Single Sign On) account.
Distribution Conversions work best with Google Chrome (Windows/ Mac) or Microsoft Edge (Windows/ Mac).
How is it activated?
We have already activated the new Expedia Conversions to be available for all customers with a direct connection to Expedia.
You will see the new Conversions screen whenever you log into Roomlynx and navigate to Conversions. The old Conversion pages are still available to switch back to.
Additional Features for Expedia
Refresh Expedia Rooms & Rates allows you to collect the latest data from Expedia that may affect your room and rate configuration. This refresh is ideal to be selected when completing new mapping or when configuration at Expedia, such as a pricing model, is changed.
Whether a Rate Plan is managed or not is configuration pulled from Expedia by Guestline, based on the Rate Plans setup at Expedia. This field is read-only and cannot be altered in Roomlynx. These include:
- Managed - Guestline will update rates and restrictions to this Rate Plan at Expedia
- Not Managed - Guestline will not update rates and restrictions for this Rate Plan at Expedia and mapping is purely for reservation delivery only.
- Partially Managed - Expedia has the ability to define a rate as Manageable, while having that rate or parts of the rate derived from a parent rate, i.e. there are some things we should update, and some things we should not update. When a conversion is shown as Partially Managed, it means this rate has a rate plan linkage, i.e. this rate is a derived rate. When a conversion shows as Partially managed, it means that Roomlynx will send updates for what can be updated, and not send updates for elements that should not be updated.
Price Model is configuration pulled from Expedia by Guestline to identify the pricing model each rate plan is on.
Price models include:
- Per day - price sent per room
- Occupancy Based - price sent per person
- Per Day Pricing by Day of Arrival - price sent with exactly same structure as Per Day
- Occupancy-Based by Day of Arrival - price sent with exactly same structure as Occupancy-Based
NOTE - Per Day Pricing by Length of Stay, and Occupancy-Based Pricing by Length of Stay, are not supported pricing models in Roomlynx. If any mapping registers as a Length of Stay pricing model in Expedia, Roomlynx will NOT send any updates for this conversion. We would advise you to either change the pricing model in Expedia to a supported model or update the rate in Expedia to Non-Manageable.
A read-only field advising if the rate is inclusive or tax or not.
Using a traffic light system, of green for good, amber for a warning, a red for failure, Status allows you to quickly identify if room and rate mapping is working as expected or not.
Room & Rates
Expedia room & rates codes will automatically be pulled from them to allow for ease of mapping Channel values.