Invoicing is an important part of any Property Management Software. Ensuring a solution is compliant, intuitive and easy to use is a tricky balance to strike.
For a while now Rezlynx has been running 2 different work-flows for the UK market. The latest changes have now been tried and tested are ready to be rolled out to all sites in the Rezlynx estate.
The overriding principle is that once an Invoice has been created it should be immutable. That is to say, it should not be possible to alter the document.
To ensure this, and introduce other capabilities, the flows within Room Billing are changing.
We have prepared a video to highlight the key changes and considerations:
What are the benefits of these changes?
- Reduces the possibility of unscrupulous actors exploiting loopholes
- Enhances compliance
- Ensure immutability
- Removes some edge-case scenarios which could result in skipped Invoice numbers
- Assists users through a logical process flow when presenting bills to guests
- Allows additional GuestStay functionality to be enabled which helps with automating of check-in and check-out flows
- Allows easier editing of Billing addresses in Room Billing
What are the changes?
Once enabled the following changes will be observed...
- Room Billing - Room View is removed and Individual View becomes the only option. This simplifies the interface, removing unnecessary complexity
- Printing - When printing a folio split, it will initially print a 'Preview' document
- Finalising - Users will need to 'Finalise' a folio split before they are able to print an Invoice. The finalise button is the process that generates an Invoice
- Reinstate - When in Room Billing, a finalised Invoice will show a 'Reinstate' option. Using this will generate a Credit Note for the original invoice, as well as a new, open, split showing all the transactions. Corrections and additions can be made before finalising again
- Check-out - Each split must have a zero balance before a booking can be checked-out. If a split has a zero balance but is NOT finalised, the action of checking out will finalise the splits
- Invoice Address - A new capability for addresses is added within room billing. This allows users to easily see which address will be used and allow them to edit the address, select a different one or create a new one.
When is this happening?
The fact that you are reading this article could mean that Guestline have contacted you to inform you that these changes are being activated. If not, Guestline will be in touch to inform you when your site will be enabled with enhancements.
Because bespoke changes are required on a site by site basis it's not possible to enable these changes for all sites at the same time. Hence the phased approach.
Can we opt not to have this change?
No. These changes are mandatory for all sites. They are designed to maintain compliance for our customers and maintain the integrity of the system.
Is there anything we should be aware of?
Once an Invoice has been generated, it will no longer be possible to change the address of the Invoice. Previously users could alter the profile, then regenerate the Invoice to update the address.
Currently the option to output documents to RTF is no longer available.